Travelers Transportation Services is looking for an experienced Shop Supervisor to join our team at our Brampton Ontario Terminal.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
The Shop Supervisor will report to the Fleet Manager.
- Balance multiple priorities such as regular maintenance of the vehicles, as well as taking care of breakdowns, minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensure that all work is performed safely, cost effectively and in a timely manner.
- Manage the day-to-day work flow of shop repairs/maintenance, assigning duties, and over-see licensed technicians, and apprentices.
- Communicate and work with Fleet Manager concerning; prepared repair estimates, repairs in progress, implementing long and short term department goals.
- Ensure that all shop personnel, equipment, vehicles and work areas are in compliance with all safety policies and regulations at all times.
- Possessing a valid 310T or 310J license is an asset.
- Valid G, A or D license required with the willingness to obtain the Z endorsement for road testing equipment.
- Fleet maintenance experience on heavy vehicles required.
- One year experience managing or supervising a shop is required.
- Ability to use various computer software to manage inventory, work flows, and shop budget.
- Perform annual preventative maintenance inspections to Ministry standards.
- Good people skills to encourage drivers to report vehicle problems to the shop.
- Possess a strong work ethic, a high degree of responsibility and accountability.
- Able to push, pull, bend, twist, climb, and lifting upwards of 50lbs continuously and repeatedly.
We offer an attractive compensation package, and a great working environment. Please send your resume via Indeed. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.