|Job Category||Equipment Operators|
|Location||AB - Fort McMurray|
|Title||Sideboom Operators - Tailings Maintenance|
|Job Status||Full Time Temporary|
You are an experienced Sideboom Operator with experience in the Oil & Gas industry. You will be directly responsible for the safe operation of sidebooms in a crowded, fast-paced working environment. Your ability to ensure the safety of yourself and others is paramount and always top of mind. You’re a team player who is willing to lend a hand whenever assistance is required in order to get the job done. This is a long-term project opportunity with NO camp or travel provided.
Join the Ledcor Site Services team in Fort McMurray, AB now!
- Operate 561, 572, 583 and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up
- Effectively and safely operate hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete lift pipe and complete all necessary tasks
- Utilize sideboom in adverse terrain, winter operations, and exercise extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- May perform other related duties such as assisting the team when needed when you are not operating a sideboom
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate (BSO)
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and a valid class 5 driver's license
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience operating sidebooms
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment
- Applicants who reside in Fort McMurray will be given preference due to the location of the project
- Long term maintenance project
- No camp is provided
- No travel compensation provided
- $5.00 an hour up to $50.00 a day will be provided as a local living premium
- Daily bus transportation from camp to site will be provided
- 14/7 shift rotation, working minimum 10 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor Site Services offers a unique set of maintenance services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From tailings pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!