We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
Our world-renowned sightseeing driver guides, experts in storytelling, connect our guests with the fascinating characters and rich history of these wild places. Through our comprehensive training program, our driver guides are set up to make sure that every guest leaves with lasting memories of Banff and Jasper national parks.
- Sharing interpretive commentary of our unique wilderness environments with passion and enthusiasm
- Educating guests in the history, culture, flora and fauna of the Canadian Rockies through storytelling and authentic interactive experiences
- Keeping guest experience and safety top of mind at all times and seeking out ways to connect and enhance experience
- Upholding a high standard of environmental stewardship in accordance with Pursuit’s “Promise to Place”
- Delivering a safe and comfortable transportation experience aboard Brewster Sightseeing’s premium motor coaches by carrying out detailed pre/post trip inspections, attentive driving at all times and adherence to Pursuit driving standards as well as federal and provincial regulations
- Providing safety information to guests in regards to the motor coach and ensure the safety of all passengers while they are on board, embarking and disembarking
- Maintaining all logs and/or paperwork required by Transport Canada on a daily basis, including Vehicle Inspection Report and Electronic Logging Device and/or Driver Log Book
- Taking pride in the appearance of the interior/exterior cleanliness of our motor coaches
- Loading and unloading luggage from the motor coach storage areas (up to 50lbs/32kg)
- Supporting the team by completing other tasks as assigned by Operations staff
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A genuine appreciation for the Canadian Rockies, driving on scenic mountain highways, and sharing in the enthusiasm of guests from around the world
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license & clean abstract with willingness to attain a Class 2 license & Airbrake endorsement (within one month of hire) and complete commentary training. Comprehensive paid training is provided.
- Fluent and articulate in English, both oral and written. A second language is an asset.
- Flexible to work varying hours and shifts
- Physically capable of lifting 50 lbs/32 kg; ability to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Ability to comply with National Safety Code regulations, US Department of Transport regulations, Transport Canada regulations and our corporate policies including Drug and Alcohol policies.
- Valid First Aid an asset
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pursuit’s driver guides can be based out of Banff and Calgary. A Class 2 license is an asset, but we do offer extensive paid training for new team members who are ready to further their skill set. Wages are competitive and successful candidates are eligible for performance bonuses.
- Banff and Calgary-based drivers are year-round and have the opportunity to drive for both Brewster Sightseeing and Brewster Express
- Brewster Sightseeing’s interpretive tours are based on 125 years of experience guiding guests in Banff, Jasper and Yoho national parks.
- Brewster Express provides a premium travel experience that connects visitors between Calgary and Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper.
- Some staff accommodation is available for Banff-based for seasonal periods.
- Banff and Calgary-based drivers must have a love of the road and enjoy being away from home for periods of up to 14 days.