Do you want a rewarding career with great compensation, flexible schedule, and a full benefits package?
Want to join the best team of ASL interpreting professionals in a fun, supportive environment?
It's time to color your career Purple!
Under the supervision of the Communication Center Manager, the Interpreter will provide high-quality, professional American Sign Language interpreting through video in a communication center and on-site at various customer locations when needed. Interpreters must possess fluent American Sign Language and spoken English language skills, accurate interpreting skills, and thorough knowledge of and adherence to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct.
- Must be able to work 36 hours per week
- Must be able to accept new or alternative interpreting assignments for a scheduled shift based on customer demand
- Must pass the company’s interpreting skills assessment
- Must attend and successfully complete a 40-hour New Hire Training
- Provide effective video relay service, video remote interpreting, and onsite interpreting for consumers
- Support and model the company’s mission and values
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a respectful and professional attitude with customer and colleagues
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times including punctuality and preparedness for shifts, respectful and collaborative interaction with colleagues and supervisors, and timely and accurate record keeping
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by the company and all FCC regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new and changing technologies
- Multi-task between interpreting effectively and utilizing video-based technology
- Participate in company-sponsored training for Professional Development
- Exhibit the ability to meet performance expectations with minimal supervision
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to independently travel. Where driving is required, access to a vehicle, valid driver’s license and required insurance.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in all settings
- Fluent ASL and spoken English language skills
- Able to provide accurate interpretation
- Good understanding of Deaf culture
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct
- Three to five years of experience in interpreting (preferred but not required)
- As applicable, state license or state-required credentials
- You must be 18 years or older to apply
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees for this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple is an Equal Opportunity Employer.