Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and industry specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries.
Visit us at http://www.capgemini.com .People matter, results count.
Role: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Toronto, ON
Type: Full Time with Benefits
- Knowledge of contemporary programming and scripting languages including middleware.
- Technical Curiosity be well versed in current technology whether it’s hands on smarts or via technical training.
- Knowledge of Networking principles.
- Knowledge of Unix Linux Understanding of application monitoring principles and practices.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Maintains a client first mentality with a concern for quality and delivery.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with partner teams.
- Understanding broader corporate vision strategy and how delivery of new technology pipeline impacts the bottom line in a meaningful way.
- TCP/IP protocol suite,networking administration commands (ping, netstat, tcpdump).
- Administering firewalls and routing on Linux hosts.
- Bash, shell scripting, Leverage ssh for remote administration.
- Monitoring (observability) tools (1 or more) - Splunk, DynaTrace, Kafka, Nadios.
- Experience with cloud deployment (1 or more) – Docker, On-prem platforms, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience administering firewalls and routing on enterprise networks (F5).
- Engineering experience: Shell scripting (see above), Python programming, IaC – infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible).
- The ET SS team will bridge gap from Architecture to Run the Bank production services by delivering new technologies from the development architecture teams to production services in a supportable manner.
- Focussing on the infrastructure application engineering monitoring automation documentation and training to enable our CM partner IT teams to work more efficiently.
- Working closely with partner CM and T O teams to ensure the highest level of standards in design and deployment through proper adherence to and enforcement of industry best practices the ETSS team will directly contribute to both the supportability of the shared systems as well as reusability of technology across CM.
What We Offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law.