Site Superintendent Industrial Sector - Brampton, Ontario
Role and Responsibilities
Do you have a minimum of 5 years construction experience as a Superintendent?
Do you have experience with Industrial Projects from the Ground Up?
Do you have experience dealing with projects in the value of $5 to $6million?
Do you have hands on working experience with relevant Ontario Building Codes?
Our Client is looking for a pro-active self-motivated Site Superintendent to join their growing team to work on an industrial construction project based in Brampton.
The successful candidate will manage all field construction processes and will be responsible for all aspects of project safety, project budget, schedule and general performance.
• Mobilizing of the project – equipment choices, site layout and site set-up, including temporary power
• Involvement in the selection and termination of field site personnel
• Planning and implementing construction means/methods, schedules, productivity, innovations, site logistics
• Labour relations
• Development, management and implementation of the quality, control, safety and environment programs/substance abuse policy
• Field administration: preparing time-sheets, verifying invoices, labour quantities, packing slips, purchase orders and updating daily job diaries
• Correspondence with owners, consultants, trade contractors, etc.
• Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and specialized documents; proofreads materials for accuracy, completeness, compliance, formatting, and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation and spelling
• Monitoring cost control and job costing, quantity reporting, forecasting, productivity
• Reviewing and implementation of changes
• Recording As-Built conditions
• Organizing and co-ordinating all subcontractor activities (includes conducting and chairing weekly co-ordination meetings), assisting project manager with buyouts, monitoring subcontractor monthly progress invoices
• On-site co-ordination of manpower, materials and equipment
• Understanding contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolving disputes
• Developing, monitoring and executing of the project construction plan and schedule
• Supervising, mentoring, coaching and training of field personnel
• Developing and maintaining positive client relations (owner, clients, consultants, public)
• Project close-out: responsible for final inspections, deficiencies, warranty work and site demobilization
• Liaising with building authorizes and regulatory agencies
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements and experiences
• A minimum of 5 years construction experience as a Superintendent is a MUST
• Experience with Industrial Projects from the Ground Up is a MUST
• Experience dealing with projects in the value of $5 to $6million is a MUST
• Hands on working experience with relevant Ontario Building Codes is a MUST
• Must have valid driver's license
• Able to read and thoroughly understand project drawings and specifications
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to schedule and multitask
• Be a good problem solver
• Be computer literate
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written; able to communicate clearly with internal and external customers
Benefits and Other Information
Competitive Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Full Time Position with Benefits
Clean driver’s licence and the ability to travel is a MUST for this role
If you are interested, please send your application (Resume and Cover Letter) through our web site in the employment section https://inacre.ca/en/jobs/site-superintendent-industrial-sector/ or directly by email to email@example.com
We thank everyone who proposes their service. However, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
For further information, you can visit our web site https://inacre.ca/en/jobs/ or contact us via phone at 416 550 5135 ext 231.
We offer a reference bonus of a minimum of $200 if you present someone who is hired. Visit https://inacre.ca/en/about-us/referal-program/ or contact us for details