FirstOnSite Restoration has an immediate opening for an hourly Skilled Labourer in our Amherst branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry, residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mould, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Skilled Labourer is in good physical condition and provides construction work and support required to ensure timely project completion. The Labourer follows good work practices and procedures and sets a good example for new crew members and co-workers. The Labourer may: operate a variety of equipment and instruments, including hand and power tools of all types; clean and prepare sites; clean up rubble and debris; remove mold, asbestos lead and other hazardous materials.
- Accepts direction from the Lead Hand, Lead Water Technician and/or Lead Carpenter and more experienced co-workers.
- Participates in good housekeeping discipline on the job to ensure a safe non-cluttered workplace and to minimize cross contamination.
- General labour duties as well as drywalling, painting, finish carpentry.
- Learns and practices correct procedures, especially when environmental work is required.
- Adheres to company policy regarding acceptable standards to follow at a customer site i.e. smoking policy etc.
- Displays good manners and attitude toward the property owner, occupants of the property, co-workers and sub-contractors.
- Is willing and able to be on-call 24/7 for after hour’s emergency work.
- Directs customer questions or concerns to the most senior company person at the job site.
- Looks out for and assists co-workers.
- Previous construction or cleaning work preferred.
- Experience with hand tools & power tools an asset.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Related courses or certifications preferred.
Why choose to be part of the FirstOnSite team?
• Exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental and vision.
• Employee Assistance Program
• Educational assistance, professional development, and internal growth opportunities
• Opportunity for National career movement
• Healthy work/life balance
Interested candidates whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted for an interview. Candidates must be able to provide a clear criminal background check to be eligible for hire.