North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth – As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
- Attractive Benefits Package – With a substantial benefits package provided to all employees, NACG ensures that you are covered for life’s many surprises.
- GRRSP Matching – As you begin your new career, you can also start planning for the future thanks to NACG’s GRRSP matching.
North American Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Become a member of the North American family today!
This is a site based position in Fort McMurray.
No Camp provided.
Schedule rotation is 14x7 days and nights 11.5 hrs/shift
Successful candidate must have 1 year of ground worker/labourer experience and must have experience in pipe work, be able to operate plate tampers jumping jacks, heavy lifting, shoveling and raking and related laboring duties.Be physically fit, capable of lifting 50 lbs (will be doing a lot of lifting and working outdoors) and work well with others. Must be able to speak read and write and understand English fluently as communication is required for safety and written instructions and daily logs capable of doing heavy manual labor.
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Have experience as requested as mentioned above
- Undergo and successfully pass the following testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Assessment
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Screening
- Criminal Record Check
Shift, site, and start times are subject to change.
All successful candidates MUST provide the following items prior to confirmation of their start date:
- OSSA (BSO) or CSO Certification
- CSTS Certification
- Copy of Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Copy of recent Driver’s Abstract
- VOID cheque/direct deposit form
Once dispatched the following processes will occur:
- Will receive a call from NACG to set up all required pre-employment testing
- An email will be sent with all required New Hire Paperwork to be filled out
- After all results are received by NACG candidates will be contacted by Site Admin to schedule orientation and confirm your start date and other site specific details.
Please note the entire On-boarding process can take anywhere from 3-8 business days.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE OR EMAIL.