Labourers assist skilled tradespersons and perform supportive labour activities on the construction site. Duties are assigned on the basis of project requirements, the skill levels of the labourer and the physical capabilities of labourer. At no time should an incumbent labourer be assigned duties that may result in an injury.
- Must be local to Fort McMurray - no camp, travel, or LOA.
- 7/7 or 14/14 Shift
- Travel provided within Fort Mcmurray only.
- Using hand tools as required.
- Loading, transporting and unloading material, parts and supplies to the job site from a storage site or supplier’s facility
- Assisting heavy equipment operators in rigging loads, singnaling/spotting to guide equipment, and assissting in other activities as necessary.
- Fuelling equipment.
- Positioning materials, pipes, fittings, and pumping equipment for mechanics, and welders.
- Directing traffic on or near construction site.
- Cleaning trucks and equipment.
- Inspects tie downs and other retaining devices for wear and damage.
- Ensures loads are properly tied down before transport.
- Outdoor work year round.
- Repetitive lifting of materials up to 50 lbs.
- Operation of pneumatic impact/bolting guns
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of twelfth (12th) school grade or GED
- A minimum of 1 year construction experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to follow directions and communicate fluently in English
- Must be able to lift 10-50 lbs
- CSTS and OSSA Regional, or BSO (Basic Safety Orientation)
- Drivers License and Abstract
- Pre Access Drug Testing
- Steel toed boots
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- First aid certificate considered an asset