Small Business Advisor
- Are you a team player that helps make your workplace great?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with specific targets to shoot for?
- Are you a self-starter who can see opportunities and offer great solutions?
- Do you love to work and recognize what matters to you in our company’s values?
Then we’re made for each other.
The Small Business Advisor II (SBA) is an intermediate level position in the Business Banking team, and plays an integral role in the delivery of superior personalized advice based service to our Small Business Member owners.
The position is primarily accountable for the development/administration of a Small Commercial Loan and Deposit portfolio, including accountability for the competent management of that portfolio. Emphasis will be placed on loan administration, sales, service, Member advice and growth.
What does a Small Business Advisor do?
- Develop and maintain effective sales and marketing efforts on an existing portfolio to maximize Small Business loan growth, deposit growth and sales of peripheral products to help our members succeed in business.
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales and referral goals.
- Understand and be competent in our current Business Banking and Retail Banking products and services, relevant policies, and legislation by regularly reviewing literature, attending meetings and training sessions.
- Conduct interviews (including account openings when appropriate) with new and existing business banking members to identify their needs, goals and objectives.
- Provide proactive advice to our Small Business members by offering tailored solutions to meet their financial needs.
- Provide credit-based Business solutions to Small Business Members up to and including $250,000.00 and Retail solutions up to and including $500,000.00
If you'd like more information about Servus Credit Union or this position please let us know at email@example.com
- Two to five years of demonstrated basic ability in most facets of credit granting and sales of Retail Banking and Business Banking products.
- Essential knowledge and skills include basic business development skills, analytical abilities and a basic knowledge of portfolio management.
- Experience working and developing relationships with members, potential members, influential community people and staff is required.
Education and Training:
Completion of the Certificate in Small Business Banking Course (Moody’s Analytics) as noted below:
- Small Business Lending (SBL)
- Delivering Small Business Solutions (DSBS)
- Building Relationships with Small Business Clients (BRSB)
- Understanding Small Business Environment (USBE)