Job Location: 1625 Steeles Ave. E., Unit 3, Brampton, ON, L6T 4T7
Position: Small Engine Repairer (1)
Wages: $ 24.50 – $ 25.50 per hour for 32 – 40 hours/week
Terms of employment: Temporary (2 years) Full time
- Record repairs made, time spent, and parts used.
- Test and inspect engines to determine malfunctions, to locate missing and broken parts, and to verify repairs, using diagnostic instruments.
- Dismantle engines, using hand tools, and examine parts for defects.
- Review the tasks assigned and confer with the supervisor for action plan.
- Repair and maintain gasoline engines used to power equipment such as portable saws, lawn mowers, generators, and compressors.
- Repair or replace defective parts such as magnetos, water pumps, gears, pistons, and carburetors, using hand tools.
- Perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and oiling parts, honing cylinders, and tuning ignition systems.
- Reassemble engines after repair or maintenance work is complete and perform test to check proper performance.
- Obtain problem descriptions from customers, and prepare cost estimates for repairs.
- Show customers how to maintain equipment.
- Monitor the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well-maintained
Education: Completion of secondary school and a related training course or a vocational program in small engine/Automotive repair, or a combination of several years of work experience and high school.
Work Experience: 1 month – 7 months of work experience in relevant field.