Financial Analyst - 6-7 Month Contract - Mississauga
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a leading packaged foods company based in Mississauga. We are looking to hire a Financial Analyst to join their team. This will be a 6-7 month contract, which will be commencing on February 28th, 2019. This candidate will be working out of their Mississauga office (near Centennial Park).
Your new role
- Prepare annual analysis of standard costs including plan standards and actuals. Provide monthly reporting for variance analysis versus plan and forecast. Validates and maintains all standard costs in BPCS 6
- Provide business partner support to Contract Manufacturing team, maintenance of contract pricing and standard costs including reviewing and approving blocked invoices, validation of BOM costs and true up entries as required. Input of CCR projects in accolade and month end reporting for CCR tracking
- Provide reporting including forecasting and variance analysis for all manufacturing and purchase price variances
- Communicate and coordinate with the plants, warehouse locations, customer service, external vendors, logistics and IT to resolve issues
- Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations within required timelines
- Ensure an effective and timely month end close is achieved by researching and preparing appropriately supported journal entries
- Maintain strong internal controls and ensure continued compliance with SOX
- Maintain and update accounting and business policies, procedures and process documentation with recommendation for and implementation of process improvements
- Assist in internal/external audit reviews
What you'll need to succeed
- University degree - Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years financial accounting and analysis experience or equivalent
- Designated accountant (CGA, CMA or CA) or in process of attaining a designation preferred
- Previous experience working in the Transportation/Finished goods industry is required
- Strong financial reporting and forecasting is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, Macros, Formulas)
What you'll get in return
This position is offering $40.00 - $45.00 per hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.