Job DescriptionJob Title: Social Worker 1 - Training may be offeredWork Site: Downtown Eastside (DTES) COVID-19 Isolation Outreach & Support, Vancouver Community - Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Full Time (1.00 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $31.36 - $39.10 per hourHours:
Days off: RotatingReference#: 134991-vkw
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
The COVID-19 Isolation Support Outreach Team provides clinical support to marginalized clients who can benefit from support while isolating in their residence during the COVID-19 pandemic. The team provides short term care to clients with a focus on ensuring clients’ immediate needs are addressed. The primarily mandate of the team is to decrease community transmission of COVID-19. Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Vancouver Community Downtown Eastside COVID-19 Outreach & Support Team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with VCH you will:
- Be responsible for providing clinical and consultative social work services of a general nature to clients and families.
- Perform duties including:
- conducting social assessments,
- providing counselling services,
- maintaining records,
- attending interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences,
- identifying applicable community resources for clients,
- and facilitating care throughout the continuum.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
POSSIBLE TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may offer a training program. Cover letter and resume are required if applying for the Training Program.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Social Work.
- Two (2) years’ recent experience working with marginalized clients with multiple health issues including HIV, and mental health and addictions issues, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Local area travel may require the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of systems thinking as it relates to social work process.
- Basic knowledge of counselling skills.
- Understanding of the local (i.e. Downtown Eastside) and regional initiatives that may impact patient care, resource access or practice guidelines in this local clinic setting.
- Basic knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Basic knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to draw out and honour information that will contribute to understanding the clients’ situation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic Computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.