Job DescriptionJob Title: Social Worker 2 - Case Manager - Master's DegreeWork Site: Home Health Case Management, Central Community Health Centre - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.56 - $44.36 per hourHours: 0830-1630, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays offReference#: 124492-eag
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree to join the Home Health team in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker in Case Management with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide case management services and clinical and consultative social work services to a select population of clients and families/care givers experiencing brittle support systems, family conflict, social functioning, and mood and behaviour issues.
- Perform duties such as:
- conducting functional and psychosocial assessments,
- providing individual, family/care giver and group counselling services,
- maintaining client records,
- and attending interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences.
- Identify applicable community resources for clients, contribute to the effectiveness and development of community resources and plan with clients for their care and support in accordance with their health needs and chronic disease and self care principles.
- Provide continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with team members, developing/evaluating care plans, coordinating and implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care and coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
ABOUT HOME HEALTH PROGRAMS:
Home Health programs provide a range of health care and support services to people living in the community who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs.
THE CLIENT POPULATION:
Home Health clients typically have on-going health issues and/or complex personal and/or social issues, requiring care planning and coordination of appropriate resources. Clients include frail elderly, younger clients with disabilities, and adults with chronic illnesses requiring supports to maintain/promote independence.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience in case management working with geriatric clients and adults with chronic and acute illness or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply intensive case management principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply chronic disease management and health promotion principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of case management practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous Cultural Safety Education.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems thinking as it relates to the social work process.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize mediation, conflict resolution and counselling skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based practice related to care of clients needing supportive case management.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.