Job DescriptionJob Title: Social Worker 2 - Facility LiaisonWork Site: Continuing Care Long Term Care, South Health Unit - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately August 2021Salary: $36.27 - $45.25 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 130767-cye
Are you the next Social Worker at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Continuing Care Long Term Care team with the South Health Unit. Apply today!
As a Social Worker - Facility Liaison at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary care team to support residents/clients and families by ensuring the integration and coordination of quality Long Term Care and services.
- Provide consultative social work services to referring services such as conducting social and psycho-social assessments, preparing case histories, providing psycho-education and interventions and establishing, maintaining and enhancing therapeutic relationships.
- Advocate for facilities by ensuring resident placements are appropriate and that the facility can meet service expectations.
- Participate in inter-agency case management, liaise with care facilities to review resident's level of care and ensure the appropriateness of level of care and placement.
- Review documents and assessments from other health care professionals in order to prepare comprehensive client packages as needed.
- Develop and enhance community communications/relationships, provide consultation services, engage in on-going team planning, program/service development, evaluations and quality improvement activities to achieve excellence in client care.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience, preferably in community health, including experience in home care, Long Term Care and geriatric assessment centres or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Prior direct experience working in Priority Access or on a Facility Liaison Team in a Long Term Care-setting, is an asset.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the geriatric population and associated psychosocial and Long Term Care issues related to this population.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current Long Term Care service delivery system.
- Demonstrated understanding of the broad determinants of health.
- Comprehensive knowledge of provincial legislation and Health Authority standards and policies related to Long Term Care Access Policy and to the broad determinants of health.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital discharge processes, including Alternate Level of Care.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care and the ability to recognize when referrals to other health care professional(s) is required and appropriate.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated program/area.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the skills of facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated ability to apply acquired analytical/investigative skills and the knowledge to effectively gather, maintain and analyze statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families/care givers, and staff of outside agencies both one on one and in groups, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over own health.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize work, adapt to a changing workload and work under deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others as an effective team member, consultant and leader.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities and apply time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities in a manner that optimizes effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer applications necessary for completing day-to-day functions and maintaining client records and ability to operate other related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to use related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.