Job DescriptionJob Title: Social Worker 2Work Site: Mental Health Adult, Sunshine Coast Mental Health - Sechelt, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately August 2020 (two months)Salary: $36.27 - $45.25 per hourHours:
0830 - 1630
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 129077-eag
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree to join the Mental Health Adult team with Sunshine Coast Mental Health. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Conduct comprehensive social and psycho-social assessments.
- Collaborate with the client and interdisciplinary team to facilitate transitions through the continuum of services for clients with complex discharge and/or intake/referral needs.
- Provide individual, family and group counselling services.
- Attend clinical/case conferences as a member of an interdisciplinary team for client reviews, admissions and discharges.
- Provide consultative and direct services to clients, families, staff and community health professionals regarding issues such as adult guardianship, advanced directives, domestic violence, abuse and/or neglect, immigration, housing, financial concerns, or matters concerning government agencies (public trustee) and authorities (courts, police).
- Prepare and maintain client records in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
ABOUT SECHELT, BC
The District Municipality of Sechelt is located on the lower Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, approximately 50 km northwest of Vancouver. It is accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry trip between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale, followed by a 25-minute drive along Highway 101, also known as the Sunshine Coast Highway. This charming seaside community is known for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for outdoor activities including sightseeing, boating, diving, camping and mountain biking. There are also several municipal parks, plenty of eateries, locally owned shops, boutiques and galleries, and a golf course. Imagine a lifestyle where you are only a short walk or bike ride to work, you go home for lunch and you are home again in time for an activity or go for a hike AND watch the sunset - all before dinner. That is what Sechelt has to offer you!
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Three (3) years experience working in a psychiatric setting providing treatment services to individuals with complex mental health, addiction and chronic medical concerns or equivalent.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act as it applies to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Knowledge of community, social and mental health resources.
- Ability to identify emotional, social, or environmental barriers and intervene to eliminate stigma.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict situations and aggressive behaviour and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioural management techniques.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it related to social work process.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.