Provide advanced clinical and consultative social work services to clients and families focusing on how the client’s relationships are affected by their environment.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct social and psychosocial assessments
- Provide individual, family and group counselling services
- Maintain client records
- Attend interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences
- Identify applicable community resources for clients and facilitating care throughout the continuum
- A Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work
- One (1) year post Bachelor of Social Work experience in a health care setting
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it related to social work process.
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology.
- Broad knowledge of counselling skills and clinical practice models.
- Broad knowledge of family, group and change therapy.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to use equipment, in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary level mental health services to residents across all geographic areas in BC. These include Adult Forensic Psychiatric Services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital plus six regional clinics. In addition to direct services, BC Mental Health & Addiction Services acts as a support and resource to service providers across the province, and contributes to research and education.
BC Mental Health & Mental Health Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) is a part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
- Regular, Full-Time
- Wage: $34.26 - $42.73 per hour
- Monday-Friday; 0830-1630
- 3405 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5G 3H4
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 23, 2019. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.