Temporary Full Time Social Worker (MSW)
Until approximately September 17, 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts
Days, with occasional evening and weekend work
As a member of a multi-disciplinary Collaborative Practice Team, the Social Worker provides assessment, treatment, support, and service coordination to patients and their families throughout their hospital stay and assists with transition back to the community. The successful candidate will participate in program planning/development; professional and hospital initiatives supporting quality management and research; mentoring of colleagues and students; and assist with coverage across other clinical areas as required. This position will provide support to Inpatient Programs at the KW Campus but can be re-assigned depending on organizational needs.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for all patients, staff, and visitors.
• Masters of Social Work degree.
• Membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers.
• A minimum of two years hospital related experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of eligibility requirements for municipal/provincial employment and income supports and how to access such services.
• Knowledge of formal and informal community services and resources (across WWLHIN).
• Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Community Treatment Orders, Health Care Consent Act, Child & Family Services Act and any other relevant legislation.
• Understanding of psycho-social functioning.
• Ability to diffuse conflict and foster collaborative working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, problem solve and respond to competing, unscheduled demands.
• Knowledge of the discharge planning process required.
• Demonstrated ability to function independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, organization, and time management skills.
• Experience and skill in complex decision making processes, advancing best practice initiatives, and exploration of innovative models of care.
• Proven experience in self-directed learning and peer evaluation processes.
• Ability to provide coverage throughout the organization as required.
• Excellent attendance, punctuality, and work performance record.