|Job Title:||Social Worker, Primary Care|
|Work Site:||Urgent & Primary Care Centre (UPCC), Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Regular Part Time (0.73 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$36.27 - $45.25 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Vancouver Urgent & Primary Care Centre (UPCC). Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with VCH you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate social work care for patients and families who require high priority care within 24 hours.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with primary care providers.
- Care for clients and families who are experiencing health challenges such as, but not limited to, end of life, chronic disease, mental health and substance use and are adversely affected by the social determinants of health to coordinate a plan of care and support transitions and navigation among services.
- Use health management and/or self-care management principles to identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the entire interdisciplinary team and any other health care services involved.
- Provide direct care activities such as psycho-social assessments, short term counseling and related behavioral health supports, establishing, maintaining and enhancing therapeutic relationships and coordinating individualized goal-oriented treatment.
ABOUT URGENT AND PRIMARY CARE CENTRES:
Urgent and Primary Care Centres (UPCC) will provide care for people with unexpected, non-life-threatening conditions who need medical attention within 12-24 hours but who don't require a visit to the emergency department – this includes sprains, cuts and wounds, an infection, mild asthma attack and less serious child illness and injury. The multidisciplinary health care team will be staffed by general practitioners, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and social workers.
UPCCs are intended to be an additional service in the community, working in concert with all touch points for care to provide appropriate urgent services to patients, when and where they need it.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Two (2) years recent clinical experience that is relevant to the designated clinical area or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family centred recovery model in mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; e.g. Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship Act, Continuing Care Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health & substance use treatments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental status exams and suicide risk assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ability to provide care planning, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, use critical thinking skills, and deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.