Software Developer – DevOps
The software developer with a DevOps focus plays a key role in the researching, designing, implementing, upgrading, testing and maintenance of software systems and platforms. Responsible for writing and coding individual programs or providing an entirely new software resources. The developer will also work on code software products for customers.
Who are you:
You are motivated to apply DevOps principles to all Development and IT support activities for your colleagues and customers. You thrive in a fast-paced problem-solving environment where you react to changing needs quickly. You build versatile tools using a variety of languages. Your resilient work attitude and team player approach helps everyone achieve their best results and results in satisfied customers.
- The position will require some evening and weekend work
- Ability to work in and communicate effectively with a development team.
- Have a co-operative attitude with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Design infrastructure as code as well as using software platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Developing rapid feedback loops via continuous integration and aligning DevOps to CI principles
- Develop best in-class tools to support development
- Identify opportunities for improvement along with constructive suggestions for change
- Experience with Agile frameworks
- Monitoring and keeping builds healthy
- Ensuring consistency through a unified build and deployment process
- Gating code changes through code stages/staging such as review and testing
- Design, develop, document, test and deploy products and solutions using automation
- Maintain and upgrade software platforms such as JIRA, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, code repositories
- Deploy and install software updates at customer sites as well as cloud deployments
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Maintenance and support of existing products
- Work closely with our clients to understand our products and our customers.
- Build internal and external relationships through exceptional problem solving, ownership and follow-through. Work directly with internal/external parties.
- Minimum 3 years DevOps experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or College Software Development diploma
- Solid, diverse work experience in application development
- Software development experience in high level languages (Strong experience in C/C++ is ideal)
- Experience with scripting languages for automation purposes
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Sound object oriented programming skills
- Experience with web-based technologies such as ASP.NET, MVC, Angular or React
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server
- Past experience working with the latest versions of Microsoft technologies, unit testing frameworks, and web services is a plus
Interested candidates are requested to share their updated resumes at email@example.com