- The Software Developer will be responsible for the development of MWD/LWD, At bit drilling or directional drilling software applications that interface with electronic devices and data presentation. The development of these applications includes a strong emphasis on intelligent user interface (UI) design and code reusability.
- The Software Developer is required to develop and manage a software project throughout its entire software life cycle.
- This position, will work very closely with the firmware developer, operations and sales team members.
- Research, design, evaluate, modify, integrate, test, maintain, and support MWD software applications and device drivers for directional drilling specialty requirement.
- Design, debug, test, and maintain new device electronics, software, the software-firmware interface, and user interface.
- Work proficiently to troubleshoot and diagnose bugs associated with software, firmware and hardware.
- Write, edit, clarify, and validate technical documents and manuals for software.
- Modify existing software's to meet specialized needs.
- Provide technical support to internal staff and clients for software and/or relating hardware products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience or Technology Diploma with equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing MWD or Petroleum industry related Software is preferred.
- Strong aptitude for developing object-oriented software applications.
- Proficiency in directional drilling related software, proficient in landmarks, Drill-Bench, E-drilling and other drilling software.
- Experience with Assembler, C, C#, Delphi and scripting languages.
- Experience in drilling software programming and coding (Near at bit software design experience is preferred).
- Experience in Install Shield and Code Signing Certificates.
- Multi-tasking, Self-motivated, innovative, multi-tasking yet pragmatic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both orally and written.
- Responsiveness to quality issues and customer concerns.
- Positive attitude, willingness to support others.
- Sensor/transducer theory and application. Calibration process.
- This position requires a person to sit up to 8 hours per day
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 /year