This London, Ontario based position will give you the opportunity to contribute to the future development, product stability, and ongoing success of Advanced’s CIS software product suite in the North American utility market. As a Software Developer you will report to the Director of Research & Development.
What will be your impact?
- Work as key member of R&D team to analyze and program changes in core CIS Infinity web-based and client-server product suite
- Develop functional and technical enhancements to improve product suite
- Analyze and troubleshoot product stability issues reported by clients
- Utilize programming skills to ensure delivered code meets high standards of quality and reusability
- Work closely with Quality Assurance group to support release process for changes
- Communicate with both internal and external clients to ensure delivered code is properly delivered and documented
- Actively participate in code review and knowledge sharing sessions
- Assist Professional Services/Support staff as required with complex investigations of technical issues
What are we looking for?
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Experience with modern web technologies, React, Angular, Vue.
- Knowledge of front-end development, including; web services development, Bootstrap, jQuery, CSS, HTML 5, responsive web design, TypeScript, DotNetNuke, JSON, DevExpress (web and Winforms controls), or nUnit
- Experience with the complete SDLC and object-oriented programming
What would we love to see?
- Knowledge of JIRA tools
- Experience with CIS/utility billing or local government ERP software applications
What we offer?
- Remote work days optional
- 3 weeks vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision paid 100% by Harris starting from your first day of employment
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP matching programs
- Lifestyle rewards
How to Apply?
If you are interested in applying to this Software Developer Job ( R0007191), click 'Apply Now' to apply online. If this role does not align with your career goals, feel free to review all our current opportunities here
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.