We are seeking a talented, technically experienced individual for a full-time position as a Software Developer in our fast growing organization that serves the financial services industry in Toronto, New York and London, located in Toronto (western GTA). Reporting to Softek’s Systems Architect, the successful candidate will work directly with technical and business users and customers on Softek’s software products. The candidate will use basic and advanced programming techniques to implement solutions for desktop and sever programming on Microsoft platforms. Advanced individuals, whether based on previous experience, or as a result of internal promotion, will use increasingly advanced techniques. Structured, object oriented and relational programming paradigms are required knowledge, but difficult to obtain. Training in financial industry specific patterns will be provided on the job as necessary.
The position requires working in a team, making communication and interpersonal skills essential. This is an exciting opportunity to work with and learn from senior experienced financial and technology professionals in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment.
- Program and script development which includes data interfaces and custom reports
- Software implementations and upgrades
- Support for end users to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex technical issues
- Configure and test software to meet Softek or customer specifications
- Coordination with internal /external staff to ensure on-time project deliveries
Skills and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or other technical discipline with 3-5 working years’ experience in the field
- Experience with C#, VB.NET and at least one of C, C++, TSQL programming languages
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio a plus
- Knowledge of finance and capital markets a plus
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and under direction
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Flexibility to work both regular business hours as well as after hours and on weekends
- Will provide a “clean” police background check
Qualified candidates should send a covering letter and their resume, with position title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls. Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in this position!