Only those applicants that are legally able to work in Ontario Canada will be considered.
Our Client is a Medical device company in Toronto, specializing in point-of-care diagnostic imaging, developing a handheld optical imaging platform.
The Company is seeking a talented Java Software Developer to join their downtown Toronto office. Our Client is looking for Individuals with Strong Java, Android, Linux and Web development experience. Candidates with Medical field experience and client applications and understanding of healthcare technologies are preferred. The successful candidate will work on mobile applications. This is an opportunity to contribute to an innovative high-impact healthcare project from its earliest stage of development.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Design, document, implement and test software for integration with electronics of an optical imaging device
- Design, document, implement and test apps for Android
- Design, document, implement and test browser-based user interfaces and back-ends to talk to existing clinical systems
- Perform documentation and code reviews on developed modules
- Fix defects found in developed modules
- Research ideas/problems and implement prototypes quickly to demonstrate proofs-of-concept
- Observe clinical uses of the software and identify areas of improvement and new avenues of development
- Comply with current process development requirements and quality systems
- Provide written and verbal support to company personnel, clinicians and researchers
- Write documentation as required by the software development process and participate in documentation reviews
- Work closely with other team members to support architectural integrity, product quality and regulatory compliance.
- Work effectively in collaboration with other members of the organization
- Comply with all legal requirements, corporate policies and procedures and with generally accepted business and ethical practices
The position reports directly to the Software Architect. The Android Developer must promote positive and effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Undergraduate Degree - Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience designing and developing software products for Web, Linux and Android Platforms.
- Experience with Android Studio and Gradle, writing and testing Android user interface applications for mobile devices.
- Experience in a software team using Agile, git, Jira, JUnit, Expresso or similar software tools.
- Knowledge of Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence software is an asset.
- Experience in a clinical or research environment is an asset
- Experience with medical software development under FDA, EU GMP, and ISO 13485, HIPAA is an asset
- Ability to work independently within a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and judgment.