Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides cloud infrastructure for many of the world’s largest companies, and AWS Auto Scaling are building the next generation of Auto Scaling - expanding the range of supported services, building smarter scaling capabilities (such as predictive scaling) and adding new tools for customers. We build on over 15 years of experience creating and operating the world's largest online retail platform. Auto Scaling is used by a wide range of AWS internal teams and external customers.
You are an experienced, developer who gets excited by cloud computing and fascinated by solving problems in distributed systems. You have the ability to turn your ideas into real-world products that customers use every day. You are unafraid to take risks and you put customer experience first - always! You love to work hard, to own and to deliver software - from beginning to end, from design to implementation, from implementation to launch to operations.
About our Team:
* We encourage a culture of ownership and autonomy. As an engineer on our team you will work with our User Experience (UX) and Product Management (PM) teams to design and deliver the features that you own.
* You are invited to attend customer meetings to directly hear what they have to say about our service and their needs.
* Your ideas will influence our roadmap and help shape our service.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support
- 3+ experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C, C#, C++, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
Experience building distributed systems and web services
Experience working on a customer focused team
Have a genuine love for technology, and a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and frameworks
Thorough understanding of parallel algorithms and concurrency
Experience working in an agile software development organization
Share this job
CompanyAmazon Canada Fulfillment Services, ULC.
Position CategorySoftware Development
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)Canada