We are Systematix and we are currently looking for a Software Development Manager with extensive communication and technology skills to fill a role with one of our key Life science clientele.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of North America’s leading Scientific Test and Measurement organizations, with offices worldwide. Due to its ever-expanding technology footprint, providing best in class software solutions for the equipment they design and manufacture, the future of its development technology roadmap needs a guiding hand.
As Development Manager, you will be a significant contributor to their software product development team, where you will manage a team of developers to design, implement, and maintain software for medical device products. This is a technical hands-on management role where you will be tasked with leading, inspiring and coaching a team of 25 SW Developers.
You will have the opportunity to perform all aspects of product level software development, including requirements, analysis, design, implementation, integration, and documentation. This position also offers the opportunity of working with various engineering disciplines to produce high-quality and innovative devices that improve patient’s care.
Specifically, your responsibilities in this role are:
- Providing strong technical leadership and direction to the team. Supervising architectures and lead efforts to develop the technical road map of projects
- Creating and supporting an innovative engineering culture focused on quality, technical collaboration, efficiency, ownership and accountability.
- Setting up performance goals for team members; evaluate performance; provide coaching and facilitate professional development.
- Leading the team by example, and work at Gemba at least 30% of the time.
- Talent development.
- Addressing concerns raised by staff members.
- Hiring appropriate staff and consultants.
- Responsible for running and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Managing the Development process for their team Making sure their team implements any department initiatives including all the high performing team behaviors.
- Removing impediments.
- Responsible for the staffing and the execution of multiple projects to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, with good quality and meets customer needs. This includes:
- Ensuring projects are setup for success
- Ensuring all departmental procedures, processes, and best practices are being followed
- Proactively addressing issues and roadblocks
- Ensuring departmental metrics are being provided and taking action when they are not being met
- Recommending improvements to help enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the department and taking ownership of some departmental initiatives.
- Collaborating and negotiating with personnel inside and outside the departments to ensure effective planning and successful development of software products.
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams of 10 or more people.
- 15+ years in the software development industry, including hands-on software development experience in C# & .NET
- Strong program/project management skills.
- Strong design and architectural skills in software development. Solid understanding of the software fundamentals, regardless of the particular languages, frameworks, platforms, or technology
- Outstanding leadership/people management skills
- Proven ability to attract, recruit and retain top-notch talent
- Track record in releasing successful software products to market
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver, and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience/knowledge of agile software development processes is beneficial
- Possesses a university degree in software/computer/technology area
- Experience in the Medical Device industry would be a strong asset
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a permanent position, located in our client’s North Toronto offices.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if willing to refer someone who is qualified, Systematix will offer a referral fee for successful placements.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across Canada, we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to hundreds of Regional, National, Provincial and Federal Government clientele.
At Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant partnerships - by doing the little things that matter - like taking the time to get to know you, knowing when an opportunity is the perfect fit, informing you every step of the way, and building the foundation for long term relationships. We do the same with out clients, concerning ourselves more with the project than the position, so that we have the information you need to ensure an opportunity is right for you. We only work with people who enjoy making a difference.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!