Job Location: 105 – 2233 Argentina Road, Mississauga, ON, L5N 2X7
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full -time (35-40 hours per week)
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Work with software development, including coding and developing web-based applications
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Collect, analyze and report management data to support decisions on day-to-day operations, strategic planning and specific business performance issues.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation and monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Engage in database architectureand work with relational and cloud databases, including Teradata, Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
- Monitor program performance, identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Develop complex reporting solutions using Cognos, Tableau and other visualization tools to support executives and other cross functions leadership teams
- Design or develop automated testing tools and update test scripts to ensure currency.
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support and conduct historical analyses of test results.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Coordinate user or third-party testing and collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (Computer Sciences,Computer System Engineering, Software Engineering or Mathematics).
- Demonstrated 5 years or more industry experience is required.
$46.15 - $47.00 /hour