Our client is a Medical device company in Toronto, specializing in point-of-care diagnostic imaging, developing a handheld optical imaging platform.
Our Client is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join their downtown Toronto office. Individuals with understanding of healthcare technologies and C++ or Java and Web development experience in medical environments are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will work on web services and cloud applications. This is an opportunity to contribute to an innovative high-impact healthcare project from its earliest stage of development.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing, developing and delivering software products
- Computer vision programming experience with OpenCV
- Good understanding of image processing, impact of camera auto exposure, auto white balance and auto focus
- Android programming experience is an asset
- Knowledge of Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence software is an asset.
- Experience with medical software development under FDA, EU GMP, and ISO 13485, HIPAA is an asset
- Ability to work independently within a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and judgment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required Education:
- University Degree - Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with specialization in applicable subjects.
The successful candidate will fit the Company’s values:
- Merit and results-based recognition and advancement
- Find how we can, not why we can’t
- Build value for customers and investors
- Innovation without ego
- Continuous improvement
- Achieve results with a sense of urgency
- Avoid bureaucracy that adds no value to our customers
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work with medical researchers and product management to deliver solutions for advanced imaging
- Research and document issues relating to captured optical images, specifically (but not limited to):
Photogrammetry and 3D imaging of wounds
Classification of images
- Design, document, implement and test image storage and processing using web services
- Design, document, implement and test browser-based user interfaces and back-ends
- Research ideas/problems and implement prototypes quickly to demonstrate proofs-of-concept
- Perform documentation and code reviews on developed modules
- Fix defects found in developed modules
- Observe uses of the software and identify areas of improvement and new avenues of development
- Comply with current process development requirements and quality systems
- Provide written and verbal support to company personnel, clinicians and researchers
- Write documentation as required by the software development process and participate in documentation reviews
- Work closely with other team members to support architectural integrity, product quality and regulatory compliance.
- Work effectively in collaboration with other members of the organization
- Comply with all legal requirements, corporate policies and procedures and with generally accepted business and ethical practices
The position reports directly to the Software Architect. The Software R&D Engineer must promote positive and effective working relationships internally and externally.
They offer a competitive salary, benefits and incentives for the successful candidate within a dynamic and vibrant startup environment in the heart of downtown Toronto, close to transit, food options and amenities.
- Ability to prepare high quality and reliable deliverables while working quickly, calmly, and effectively.
- Ability to work closely as part of a team, as well as independently when necessary.
- Ability to respond to urgent situations appropriately by prioritization.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative
The above information on this job description and specification has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.