The Licensing Specialist is responsible for managing an assigned client base, as an order management/inside sales specialist. In this role, you will be assigned to a designated number of customers to handle their software licensing requests, maintain ongoing relationships and provide outstanding customer service. This inbound customer relationship role is also expected to negotiate the cost of renewals, additional licenses, etc. with software manufacturers on behalf of the customer.
There are growth opportunities in this role. This position can evolve into a Software Solutions Manager role or to a Software Asset Manager role.
- To successfully complete the Order Management/Inside Sales Representative Comprehensive Training Program.
- Efficient processing of quote and order requests received via telephone, e-mail and facsimile in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage the day to day relationship within existing customer base by responding to their requests, providing quotes and best-fit pricing options.
- Create incremental opportunities and drive closure within the dedicated customer account base.
- Consult with dedicated customers and assist in overcoming business problems they face by utilizing our Tech Sales and Delivery teams.
- Facilitate interaction between customers and publishers/manufacturers.
- Promote the use of PCM Canada services, offerings, tools and technology.
- Assist with lead generation, vendor campaigns and deal registration opportunities.
- Provide proactive purchase history reports and trend analysis.
- Support cross-vendor activities with other Business Units to maximize the solution sale and therefore drive more revenue and GP
- Become proficient with our ERP, CRM and SharePoint solutions to track process software transactions, track customer activities and software contract deliverable
- Complete and keep up to date with all Non-Microsoft core vendor certifications.
Qualifications (Education/Experience/Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum Education - College Diploma
- Minimum of 1+ year experience in IT sector
- Minimum of 2+ years customer service experience
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and relationship building
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced sales environment
- Proficiency in MS Office tools – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong Microsoft product knowledge an asset
Office environment with computer work. May have extensive periods of sitting, typing and phone use (may include headset). May need to lift up to 10 lbs.
As a condition of employment, this job is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions: Reference Checks, Criminal Background Checks and a Driver’s Abstract if required for the role.
PCM Canada is proud to offer reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform us during the application process
Location: Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto/GTA, Winnipeg or Vancouver