Brock Solutions is an innovative engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time operational solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations worldwide. Some interesting areas we are exploring include industrial automation, machine learning, IIOT, cyber security, AI, robotics, and other technologies. With approximately 500 employees globally, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time operational solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Software Support Specialist to join our team of experienced professionals located in our head office in Kitchener, ON.
As a member of the Service Team, you will have the opportunity to support and work on exciting high-profile airport, airline, and parcel/post systems in North America and around the world. Our skilled team of Support Specialists are able to stretch their skills sets with a wide variety of cloud, IT/OT, and IoT systems. This is a meaningful role that affects many people every day and requires strong problem solving and customer service skills.
Employee-owned company with profit sharing, comprehensive benefits, company events and charitable initiatives, a diverse workplace, BBQs and Lunch & Learns, Sport teams, Group fitness initiatives, and a “Work hard, Play hard” culture are just some of the reasons our employees love working at Brock!
• Troubleshoot a variety of software bugs, application deficiencies and performance issues
• Represent Brock Solutions as the first point of contact for technical incidents
• Quickly Identify application problems to reduce end user impact
• Provide excellent customer service by communication thorough and diligent customer updates
• Be resourceful to ensure that we meet contractual requirements and customer expectations
• Contribute to Service Team knowledge through sharing information and/or writing knowledge articles
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, document, and recommend improvements to products and internal processes
• Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Computer Programmer/Analyst, Software Engineering, or related field
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to learn new processes and technologies quickly
• Capacity to remain calm, empathetic, and in control during stressful situations
• Knowledge of the following is considered an asset:
• Windows Failover Clustering
• Windows Servers
• Web Servers and Web Services
• Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle DB (administration, and basic queries)
• Server hardware and basic networking
• Azure or other Cloud hosting solutions
• Programming Languages: C#, ASP.NET, C++, Java;
• Interfaces to controls (OPC, Kepware, etc.) and HMI
(FactoryTalk and Wonderware)
• Please note that this position is part of an on-call rotation
New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Please apply on our website at https://careers.brocksolutions.com/Careers.aspx?req=SW-SUPP-KIT-19