Victoria is currently undergoing a lot of changes and rapidly becoming the next big technology city in the Pacific Northwest. That’s a trend that certainly rings true for us at NetMotion too.
We’re a Seattle-headquartered mobile technology company with solid funding and big ambitions. In early 2018 we officially opened our Victoria office, which has quickly become the fastest-growing part of the entire organization, growing six fold in the last 12 months - and we’ve got no plans to slow down anytime soon.
Based in the heart of downtown Victoria, our Canadian office is a major center of R&D and innovation. Exciting prototypes and new ways of working are regularly explored by developers here, and it’s much more than just an engineering hub too. Executives, marketers and designers all consider Victoria their home, and the modern 7th floor location is also frequently used by international teams as an ideal meeting space for their offsite events.
What We’re Looking For:
NetMotion Software is looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our Victoria office team! We are looking for somebody with a STEM background, who is seeking a challenging experience to apply what they have learned in their upper level courses, such as math, operating systems, networking, or software engineering and teamwork skills to ensure we deliver high quality product and customer satisfaction. We want you to have a minimum 3 years software testing experience. We practice agile and promote sound software engineering practices – you are sure to learn a lot that will help you in your future career!
- Create and maintain effective test plan and scenarios for assigned features.
- Collaborate with Scrum team: product owner, developers, test teams to make sure user stories, tasks are well defined, and required test scenarios are covered for product release
- Run manual and automated tests on client/server application that will involve big data sets.
- Test client-server applications running over wired and wireless networks on Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS platforms
- Assess what test scenarios that should be included given the state of features or milestones
- Communicate test result, test status, issues found and fix verification effectively
- Identify manual tests that can be automated to improve test efficiency
- Develop or improve or fix test tools
- STEM B.S degree, Computer science or software degree preferred.
- Two or more years software testing experience on client/server product
- Two or more years software testing experience on mobile devices preferred: Android, iOS
- Big data software testing experience is a plus
- Excellent working knowledge of networking and troubleshooting experience in Windows and/ or Linux
- Experience with Wireshark and/or NetMon
- Experience creating test automation and/or scripting with Python, Selenium and C#
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Passionate, self-motivated with good communication skill and ability to work independently balanced with being a collaborative team player
- Attention to details, with strong analytical skills
- Advocating for product quality
- Working second language: Japanese, French, Italian, or German is a plus
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with cloud software (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- Experience with MDM’s
- Knowledge of backend cellular technologies and RF engineering
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- Competitive benefits program, a Group RRSP plan, fitness and commuting allowances
- Flexible working from home policy
- Flexible vacation policy, 12 company paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and paid parental leave