Our client is an established medical device company located in the downtown Toronto area. They are currently looking for a Software Tester to join their team on a permanent full time basis.
Under minimal supervision, the Software Tester will be responsible for supporting the goals and objectives of the firm by developing and reviewing software verification and validation plans, defining test strategies, creating and executing test protocols, and creating test reports.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review and Interpret Business and functional requirements in creating test plans, test protocols, traceability matrix, defining test scenarios and test cases
- Read and analyze technical specifications and verify or validate the deliverables
- Be responsible for project/release testing (e.g. integration, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Review and maintain existing test cases.
- Test execution on using custom hardware and an Android tablet based application.
- Raise defects/issues and follow up to resolve outstanding defects/issues with continual testing of fixes.
- Report on test progress.
- Work with various departments in the company to ensure all product integration requirements are satisfied.
- Preparing verification and validation reports.
- Ensuring Validation documentation is developed and maintained per company policies and procedures.
- Prioritize testing tasks, ensure milestones, activities, tasks are completed as scheduled
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1+ year of software testing experience in a medical device/FDA or similar regulated industry
- Experience working with Test Case Management tools such as Test Rail preferred
- Experience working with issue tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Good understanding of the SDLC and QA (quality assurance) methodologies and processes
- Must have experience working with Android, Java, GIT source coding tools.
- Prior successful testing and validation of medical products through full life cycle strongly preferred.
- Must be deadline-oriented and comfortable working independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and organized individual that works well independently or within a team.
Please send all resumes to
Modern Technical Staffing
905-477-3315 ext 307