GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
Our Calgary office is seeking a Solid Waste E.I.T. ready to join one of our fastest growing Canadian Operations. You would join our North American solid waste group of 80 professionals. GHD has a strong mentorship program and you will be working directly with a group of highly skilled professional engineers and senior leaders within the solid waste group. Professional development opportunities through the GHD Business School including internal global technical conferences and external training are available and participation in relevant industry associations is supported and encouraged. Working for GHD includes a competitive benefits package including RRSP matching, MSP premiums, commuter incentive, wellness reimbursement, and P.Eng. dues reimbursement. This position is a great opportunity to be part of an established solid waste practice in western Canada with a bright future ahead. We are seeking a technically strong engineer-in-training passionate about the future of waste management, and renewable energy to grow into a leader within our team.
- Assist the project managers on solid waste and renewable energy projects on time and on budget for clients requiring permitting, operations support, detailed design, construction management and inspection, and environmental studies
- Contribute to the feasibility, design and construction of waste to energy facilities, composting facilities, transfer stations, anaerobic digestion facilities and landfills
- Contribute to the development of municipal waste management planning based on traditional methods and zero waste / circular economy best practices
- Aide in preparing technical reports, literature reviews and completing environmental field monitoring programs.
- Coordinate technical resources and personnel including drafters, 3D designers, GIS and database technicians, chemists, geotechnical engineers, hydrologists, hydrogeologists, biologists, and planners to complete solid waste facility designs and plans
- Effectively communicate with existing and prospective clients through the development of proposals, and strategic business development initiatives
- Complete quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Develop and administer construction contract documents
- Conduct construction inspections and chair construction progress meetings
- Complete regulatory conformance reviews
- Develop studies and designs to support permitting applications under the direction of a senior solid waste engineer
- Participate in liaison with regulators
- Engineering graduate with an E.I.T. registration in AB
- Valid driver’s license with driving record in good standing
- Willingness and ability for overnight travel and to conduct field work, as required
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil3D, surfer, PCSWMM, HELP or computer coding language will be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience developing design, operations and closure plans will be an asset
- Knowledge of the AB waste management regulatory regime including the Standard for Landfills in Alberta and Composting, Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, Hazardous Waste Regulations, Contaminated Sites Regulations, Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction Regulation
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.