Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Specialist, Brand Marketing & Communications for the Birks Corporate office, located in Downtown Montreal you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications for Birks Group, the Brand Marketing Specialist will support the Birks brand (Bridal and Fine Jewellery) by increasing the brand identity and awareness through the promotion of brand activities, develop strategies to establish and maintain the presence in the market. This involves but is not limited to overseeing brand vision, campaign creation, advertising, communication, events and ensuring branding is consistent across all channels and communications. With the vision of international expansion, the Specialist will work closely with internal teams (marketing, product development and sales teams) to develop and execute 360 marketing campaigns including product launches, seasonal campaigns, partnerships and collaborations that contribute to the successful execution of omni-channel strategies to achieve the Company’s goals and objectives.
To do so, the Brand Marketing Specialist will be expected to handle 3 key elements…
- Analyzing market trends (Bridal category and Fine Jewellery) and product positioning to build brand strategy in collaboration with Director.
- Execute 360 marketing campaigns in collaboration with internal teams (merchandising, product development, creative studio, digital marketing, visual merchandising, sales teams and training) and external teams (creative agency, PR agency, partners and vendors).
- Responsible for managing brand campaigns and activities with internal and external teams to maintain timelines and ensure successful execution and delivery.
- Responsible for all brand copywriting, storytelling and providing guidance for the creation of visual assets/campaigns in adherence with brand guidelines and vision.
- Build creative content briefs and liaise with internal teams, external vendors and agencies to acquire and/or develop necessary tools to ensure timely execution of all marketing initiatives.
- Build brand marketing calendar and communicate to appropriate departments and wholesale partners. Ensure the adherence of such calendar to guarantee successful delivery of campaigns across all channels.
- As the primary marketing contact for all retail partners, collaborate closely with Wholesale team and internal Visual Merchandising team to support all retail partners. Ensure in-store activities as well as Wholesale Marketing strategies are supporting by appropriate VM tools (POP materials, signage, displays, etc.)
- Manage brand and co-op marketing strategy and budget to execute the Company’s multi-channel marketing strategies and plans by providing support to the Wholesale team and retailer brand partners.
- Develop key marketing materials including internal communications, training documents, collateral, POP and press releases. Communicate and share with all relevant departments.
- Analyze competition, client behavior (CRM) and omni-channel sales to build reports and offer strategic input.
- Produces quality work in a consistent, timely and organized manner and takes ownership of projects from concept through implementation.
- Measure and track the impact of all Marketing efforts and specific campaigns through the necessary analysis, research and measurement. Lead research as required.
- Seek new opportunities to support the brand objectives, including partnerships, sponsorships, collaborations, events and media.
- Responsible for streamlining processes and optimizing efficiency of the brand marketing and wholesale marketing.
- Negotiate and manage outside vendors and suppliers. Oversee billing reconciliation with Administrator including invoice tracking, management and forecasting. Exercise excellent budget management skills.
- Support Director, Marketing & Communications with any other relevant marketing tasks.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or equivalent;
- 5 years experience in Marketing
- Experience in Branding or Brand Marketing
- Knowledge of retail marketing
- Experience in luxury or jewellery is an asset
- Strategic thinker with leadership skills
- Affinity and sensitivity to luxury
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment while communicating with other team members and departments;
- Highly organized and able to plan tasks according to their priority;
- Awareness of online and printed media channels;
- Excellent communication (writing and verbal) and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Problem solving skills and ability to tackle obstacles head-on with agility and finesse Understanding of fashion and/or luxury retail environment is a plus;
- Bilingual: French and English (spoken/written).
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings
- Social benefits
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
- Employee discounts
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?