Posting Date: Sep 19, 2019
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Transformation and Technology COO provides thought leadership, governance, enablement and control for Technology. Tech Business Development and Centers of Excellence on Cloud, Agile, Data, Artificial Intelligence, partner across Technology and the Firm to be a catalyst for technology transformation and innovation.
Technology COO focuses on multi-year financial planning, business management, change management, workforce strategy, governance, communication, engagement, and talent development.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced candidate to join the Technology Business Development (TechBD) group with responsibility for supporting strategic business relationships between the various technology organizations, the vendor community, and the front office of the Firm’s business.
TechBD is responsible for supporting the entire 'Technology Relationship Value Chain' of the Firm, ensuring all the capabilities of the technology organizations are harnessed to deliver value to the respective TMT business franchises.
The successful candidate will report to the Sector Lead (Executive Director) of Cyber and Networking & Telecommunications. This role will be highly visible at the most senior levels and will also entail very close working relationships with leaders throughout the Firm and external community.
The Technology Business Development identifies and supports the creation of win-win relationships between the various technology organizations and the business/front office divisions of the bank. The role entails significant elements of relationship development and strategy development.
In particular the primary elements of the role include:
Strategy and Insight Development
- Assist the Sector Lead in organizing and identifying accretive internal and external opportunities for the Firm (i.e. brand enhancement, business enablement).
- Build presentations that summarize bank’s position on a technology sector, opportunity or desired business outcome. Be comfortable with highly sensitive information
- Analyze market, industry, and technology trends and provide recommendations to managers based on findings.
- Provide thoughtful technical analysis with a focus on gaining context to enable informed decision-making
Manage Strategic Programs
- Help develop steering and direction for the teams new ventures which may include, but is not limited to, innovation outreach, vendor management, CRM development, event oversight, commercialization of software assets, financial analysis and modelling etc.)
- Additional related responsibilities (budget development, goal setting, and operational duties) are also required
- Act as an escalation point as and when required and a proxy for the Sector Lead when needed.
- Develop business case modules as well as financial modeling to support key decision making within Technology.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external players and ensure appropriate relationships are in place with senior leadership
- Coordinate escalation of issues (contractual or operational) with vendors, ensuring suitable senior executives at the client and at the vendor are involved as appropriate.
- Help vendors navigate the IT Organization and analyze best opportunities keeping in mind the complex relationships that exists across the Firm.
- Assist with the development of partnerships (old and new) to provide opportunities for growth at Morgan Stanley
- Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities.
- A hallmark of Morgan Stanley's presence in the industry is its conferences and events for the technology sector. The Sector Lead is responsible for arranging in partnership with technology banking business leadership a number of significant TMT and CTO conferences as well as identifying new events that are appropriate to the local/regional market. These events are designed to create value for the companies who participate in the conferences, expose internal IT leadership to new companies, and deepen the Morgan Stanley banking relationship with these companies. The Sector Coverage will support development and execution of these conferences and events.
- Use these events and other external engagements to promote Morgan Stanley as an employer of choice for those who want to experience challenging and innovation applied uses of state of the art technology.
- This position is based in Montreal, however the responsibilities are global and business visits to other locations are expected.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Financial Services or similar experience
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced environment. Proven ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects with minimal supervision. Can manage a complex ever changing priority list and resolve conflicts to competing priorities
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Strong presentation/PowerPoint and story-telling skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability communicate effectively to gain respect of senior management and external executives (ex: clients, partners, business leaders, peers, executives, etc.).
- Requires a mix of technical, business, and relationship management skills.
- Background in technology, financial services, consulting.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally. .
- Collaboration will be required at both a business relationship level and a technical leadership level (MD, ED level etc.). In addition, candidate will need to work collaboratively within a global team.
- Particular focus placed on the ability to condense large amounts of technical information into concise action orientated digests
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge both of the technologies used and general technology trends
- Ability to innovate and see opportunities for both banking and IT to benefit from new or existing external relationships
- Experience working for a top level consultancy in a junior/VP consulting role is a plus
- Financial modeling and developing business cases are preferred
- MBA preferred
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.