Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) is comprised of five primary areas:
- Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
- End User Technology (EUT) delivers core communication, collaboration and productivity tools across the Firm, including desktop and mobile devices, remote computing solutions, and multimedia services.
- Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM) provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services. QAPM also manages the Enterprise Command Center, Enterprise Systems Management, and Technology Disaster Recovery services.
- Technology & Information Risk (TIR) delivers first-line defenses to manage risks to Firm technology. TIR oversees programs that protect and enable the business, ensure secure delivery of services to our clients, address the risks presented by an evolving threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations.
- Technology Business Development (TechBD) manages the Firm’s strategic relationships with external technology companies.
This candidate will be joining the Entreprise Network Services Operational Analytics team to lead the critical initiatives across Core Infrastructure (CI) using Splunk. This role will include working with the various stakeholders across CI, data onboarding, designing and developing dashboards. The candidate will be responsible testing new Splunk functionality and applications. This role also requires working closely with other teams looking to leverage tools like service now, internal data presentations software and a myriad other managed service applications. This team member will also need to support the existing Splunk user community and frequently communicate to the users regarding Splunk announcements and updates.
• Exposure to Splunk
• Interest in developing an expertise in Splunk
• Experience with data extraction
• Previous experience with data correlation and trend analysis
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to take ownership of a project and initiative to iteratively improve it
• Ability to develop and foster relationships with the business
• Attention to detail
• Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
Nice to have
• Previous Splunk experience supporting a large infrastructure
• Previous use of git or a version control repo
• Previous Service Delivery work experience
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.