The successful candidate will have strong experience with developing enterprise level SQL Server databases and gaining understanding of the data elements required for transactional development. In addition, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing/analyzing database schemas, designing, coding T-SQL objects, and creating database optimizations where applicable. The ability to quickly translate business requirements into effective database solutions will be critical to the candidate’s success. The successful candidate will participate in the implementation of solutions that employ leading-edge technologies. A high energy level, the ability to set and achieve goals, and great interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
Your First Six Months:
- Build technical understanding of existing production databases.
- Become proficient in all interfaces reading/writing to databases.
- Use new technical knowledge to make code changes required for any maintenance.
- Develop understanding of business processes supported by databases.
- Refactoring existing database modules.
- Design and develop new functionality to support evolving business needs.
Key Challenges to Overcome
Carbonite and Webroot have complex and sophisticated business processes, and a diverse product portfolio. To keep up with the business growth we have developed a highly normalized and scalable database architecture. Our SQL developers encounter many challenges that will push the most seasoned developers to their limit. Our business systems supported by our databases give our company a competitive advantage. By overcoming challenges developers have a direct impact on the success of our company.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- 5 years’ experience designing and implementing database objects using best practices within Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to understand complex business processes and applications which read/write to various databases
- Design/analyze database schemas and optimize database design
- Design, develop, and test database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, functions, constraints)
- Knowledge of proper database normalization, indexing, transaction protection, and locking is essential
- Experience with high transaction volumes and scalable database models
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world.We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers atOpenText.
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.