Sr. Analyst, Evaluations - 12 Month Contract - Downtown Toronto
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a leading energy company based in Toronto. We are looking to hire a Sr. Analyst, Evaluations to join their team on a 12 month contract, which has the potential to extend for another year. This candidate will be working out of their Downtown Toronto office (York/Adelaide).
Your new role
- Develop Draft Evaluation Plans for inclusion in RFPs for third-party evaluation contractors
- Developing RFPs to procure Evaluation Contractors
- Co-ordination of information between the company and Evaluation Contractors and other third parties
- Reviewing and providing comments on interim and draft evaluation reports prepared by the Evaluation Contractor
- Support the refinement of company Cost Effectiveness Tests & Tools
- Support the maintenance of the company Evaluation Framework
- Creating and delivering presentations on project / project results for stakeholders
- Participate in conference calls, meetings, conferences, seminars etc. as requested and provide brief reports to department Managers and Director on key takeaways
- Conduct research for the assumptions used for estimating the energy and demand savings for prescriptive energy conservation measures as well as for assessing their cost-effectiveness including secondary research (internet research, journals, articles, research papers, etc.) and analysis or initiating primary research which would include developing scope of research project, generating RFPs, assessing proposals, selecting contractors, and project management
- Manage 3rd party evaluation contracts while in-field (sampling plans for market research, engineering analysis, metering and data collection; statistical and technical analysis,) ensuring evaluation contractors carry-out evaluation plans in the most cost effective manner
- Review and approve to the Evaluations Manager, work schedules and invoices prepared by 3rd party evaluation contractors
What you'll need to succeed
- 4 year University Degree in the areas of engineering, applied physics, environment, mathematics or statistics.
- The minimum level of experience for the incumbent to perform at a satisfactory level of proficiency is 6-8 years including the period of adjustment on the job itself
- Direct experience in program evaluation and monitoring, ideally within an energy context.
- Solid background and grounding in energy conservation and/or energy issues
- Strong knowledge (particularly energy sector knowledge) of the principles of program evaluation research, design and statistics including techniques used to estimate gross versus net program benefits.
What you'll get in return
This position is offering $80,000 - $95,000 annual salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.