Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.
About the role
Cantel is looking for a driven finance business partner for the Financial Planning & Analysis position to play a key role in providing enhanced insight, analytics and execution in forecasting, budgeting, financial reporting and analytics. He/she enables continued leadership and support of profit and productivity management for the business through reporting and business partnership. The FP&A lead is a key member of finance and partners with both profit and cost center owners in commercial, operations and other functional areas. This person is the go to person for all Management reporting including monthly management reports, forecast, budget and other ad hoc assignments.
What you will do
Financial Modelling and Forecasting Lead
- Financial modelling and forecasting at the country and territory level to enable strategic decision making, financial planning and optimization of ROI and profit margins
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Manage ongoing forecasting and together with accounting team ensure we are on target against our budget
- Provide insight and actionable recommendations of any deviation.
- Manages budgeting processes including establishing assumptions, timelines, spreadsheet modeling, consolidation, analysis and presentation preparation.
- Presents to management team drafts and leads discussions on risks, opportunities and ensures to validate reasonability of forecasts and budgets using analysis and reviews with business partners.
- Prepares monthly Quarterly Business Review (QBR) for all functional areas across segments and territories, with support from FA. Develops appropriate analysis based insights and actionable recommendations
- Partners with business leaders to ensure a complete and accurate forecast and clear understanding of risks & opportunities.
- Prepares ad-hoc financial analysis to support senior management decisions.
Month End and Reporting
- Completes accurate Revenue and Commissions related journal entries and reconciliation for Month-end Close. Ensures reported Revenue is in compliance with recognition rules.
- Responsible for timely submission of revenue, COGS and backlog reports as per Corporate deadlines during period close process.
- Owner of month-end reporting processes. Establishes standard procedure for various monthly reports distributed to management and for Corporate submission.
- Leads the design, development, deployment and maintenance of all internal FP&A Reports.
- Monitors orders, sales, profit, and cash against the targets on a monthly basis and submits input as per corporate deadlines. Has ownership to ensure accurate and
- timely distribution of reports.
- Responsible for accurate preparation and timely submission of MBR report postclose. Ensures that accurate and relevant variance analysis is provided in advance of management discussions.
- Identified best methodology and is a Super user of Hyperion and BI systems. This includes in extracting financial data from various finance and information systems as well as ability to train others in the organization.
- Expected to advise the Accounting Manager immediately of all errors, irregularities or significant adjustments or journal entries as they occur.
- Review and improve existing work processes.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as assigned and assist on key projects where appropriate
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA/CPA Preferred
- Minimum 3 years of accounting and financial reporting experience. Experience in multi-national setting is highly desirable.
- Experience in preparing, analyzing, and implementing accounting and reporting requirements.
- Must have experience with Hyperion and advanced excel skills. Access query writing highly desired.
- Ability to work closely with commercial functions and demonstrate results delivery through those relationships
- Must have fundamental understanding of US GAAP
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact, challenge and communicate effectively with team members at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer and technological skills, including high proficiency in Hyperion and Microsoft Office Applications preferred
- Consistently operates at the highest level of integrity and is never willing to compromise with regards to ethical standards.
- Maintains the professional standards of the Finance Department.
Success in this position requires the ability to build a strong partnership with the FM and Business Unit management and frequent communication with finance peers. These relationships must be built on respect, integrity, cooperation, teamwork and professionalism.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Clear, precise communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and present data.
- Pro-active mindset and strong with project management skills
- Operations and commercial literacy.
- Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the organization.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills.