We are currently seeking a Sr Architect to join our team on the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project. As a Sr Architect, you will be responsible for exercising independent judgment in evaluating, selecting anduse of standard techniques, and solve problems when encountered for large scale projects.
- Provides leadership for the successful execution and delivery of projects.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Responsible for contributing to the firm-wide HOK design direction
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Sets the overall strategy for producing the documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work. This includes defining how data will be organized into files and which elements will be incorporated in a Building Information Model (BIM) or other 3D model.
- Plans, organizes and manages project team. Provides on-going communication through team meetings/minutes/up-date memos to project team.
- Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with project team, clients and consultants.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior level architects or professionals.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team. Participates in review of project costs and budgets, adherence to schedule.
- Regularly communicates with client representatives with minimal direction to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation.
- Independently performs assignments with instructions as to general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a culture of external and internal client service.
- Assists in planning and conducting work making minor adaptations and modifications to complete working drawing set(s).
- Consistently provides complete and timely communication of project information to and from clients and project team.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out including technical issues and project information at all levels of contract administration.
- Monitors construction administration during the construction phase
- Responsible for communication with design focused consultants to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements.
- Consults with manufacturers, evaluates and helps select project related materials, specifications. Performs product research.
- Provides technical support and project communications to team as required.
- Involved with specification set-up, research and use of HOK Standards into project.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
- Meets with municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals.
- Provides support to all team members for specific market, discipline, or areas of design expertise.
- May assist with negotiating fees and contracts.
- May be responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- May prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Supports the marketing and business development activities of the office to target specified project, client or market opportunities.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Provides leadership including professional development coaching and mentoring staff.
- Defines staff requirements for projects as needed or directed. Makes recommendations to senior management for staff promotions/terminations for project team and Architecture discipline. May participate in interviews and recruiting of professional staff.
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience, preferably with a large, complex project experience.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in your region required, if licensure is offered in your region.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, Provincial or Municipal law.