We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, were defining the cities of tomorrow!
Integrity We do what is right.
Partnerships We work together.
Excellence We pursue design excellence.
Innovation We embrace ingenuity.
Community We build community.
Here's how we work:
Engineers and technicians/technologists thrive on solving problems by putting their logic and creativity together. They are able to invent, explore, and question to enhance the areas around us.
IBI Group engineers and technicians/technologists work with an in-house multiple disciplinary team, including planners, architects, landscape architects, surveyors, and many others, to collaborate on a diverse range of projects ranging from small site plans to large multi-phase subdivisions, and from small road reconstructions to large arterial highways and bridges.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that can move your career to the next level? Then come discover what IBI Group has to offer.
IBI Group offers you a career you can Define . . . Discover It!
IBI Groups Hamilton, Ontario office is currently searching for an energetic and talented Senior Civil Technician/Technologist to join its growing Land Development and Municipal Engineering team to work on site and subdivision developments, and municipal infrastructure (e.g., roads, municipal servicing, etc.) reconstruction and improvement projects, and to oversee junior designers in a collaborative and growing team.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Participate on various project teams to coordinate and assist with a wide variety of municipal, residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects, including functional servicing, preliminary and final designs, and contract administration;
- Identify requirements, prepare and modify plans/designs, technical reports and submission to support projects through various municipal and provincial approvals;
- Review designs and deliverables for quality control;
- Assist and guide junior and intermediate technicians/technologists;
- Coordinate approvals with municipalities, ministries and other agencies;
- Assist with ongoing project management/tracking to ensure timeliness of deliverables;
- Assist with client relations.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 7 years of related work experience in civil engineering (municipal, land development);
- Registration as a CET or P.Eng., or qualified to apply;
- Demonstrated experience in civil design (e.g., grading, pipe sizing, road geometry, etc.);
- Working knowledge of municipal design requirements and processes within the Province of Ontario;
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Outlook, WORD and Excel;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize/manage multiple project timelines;
- Self-motivated, resourceful and team-oriented, with proven track record;
- Knowledge of stormwater management and low impact development strategies would be beneficial.
- Close-knit office vibe
- Many regular Social Events, including a yearly fall fair hosted by our Office Lead
- Active support of local causes such as Habitat for Humanity
- Multi-disciplinary team including award-winning Active Transportation Engineers, Urban Planners, and Landscape Architects
- Free Parking and easy access to public transportation (Hamilton Transit and Go-Transit)
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and drivers license record. #IBI