- Provide expertise relating to sourcing, extraction, transformation, and movement of data in the various database platforms hosting our applications. You will be proficient in Microsoft SQL Server (especially relating to the technology SSIS) and willing to ramp up and learn technologies and tools associated with Azure SQL, RDS for SQL Server, MySQL and other database platforms.
- Develop an understanding of our business application data architecture, and provide architectural guidance to improve database and systems operations and integration
- Provide “data support” and become a “data evangelist” promoting the use of timely, quality data in the success of the organization.
- Lead in the documentation and communication of our data models and data flows to increase data proficiency for our environments.
- Assure proactive monitoring, maintenance, and production support of a broad array of data transformation processes supporting several business brands
- Build capabilities to incorporate the management of databases and associated processes of newly acquired companies quickly and effectively
- Provide effective communication, interaction and reporting to all stakeholders, including Analytics, Operations, Engineering, Finance, Marketing and IT teams
- Assume production ETL responsibilities across all product lines; the initial focus will be to provide Microsoft SQL Server expertise.
- Design, build and operate database environments. Be a key extended member of the development team and Analytics team.
- Develop solutions for data monitoring, availability and reliability, performance, analytics, and security.
- Document and provide training to peers relating to the data environments.
- Learn and absorb responsibilities related to the Carbonite and Webroot product lines.
- Gain and share expertise in database technologies other than SQL Server including MySQL, MongoDB, Azure SQL and RDS for SQL Server.
- Participate in various product development tasks
- Take greater responsibilities to deliver on database-related initiatives including:
- Supporting the consolidation and migration of database-related environments
- Performance optimizations
- Enhancements to our existing monitoring and notification infrastructure
- Security enhancements
- Automation of repeated, manual steps
- Insuring our 24 X 7 X 365 availability and recovery capabilities
- Become an expert relating to the database systems supporting various Carbonite and Webroot products including Carbonite Safe, Carbonite Endpoint, Carbonite Recover, Carbonite Server Backup, Webroot SecureAnywhere and others.
- Involvement in the adoption of more DevOps approaches to a database platform release process.
- Begin to provide database consulting services to the development and Analytics organizations relating to best practices when dealing with our database platform.
This role is to be an essential member of the database platform team that provides data and database-related support throughout the organization. Key challenges include the ability to work within a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to shifting priorities. The individual must be able to adopt to new technologies being introduced from within product development as well as through company acquisitions.
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Highly proficient in database technologies, especially SQL Server. 3 – 5 years of ETL experience with hands on SQL Server experience.
- Skilled with SSIS and the ability to learn and master other related technologies including Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue and Informatica.
- A solid grasp of data modeling, data architecture and the passion to continually improve the quality of the most valuable asset in the organization: data.
- Able to write complex SQL, stored procedures, and database triggers
- Knowledgeable of SQL Server data structures and architecture
- Knowledgeable of database utilities and tools
- Eager to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent in communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Able to quickly grasp complex technologies
- Experience with DevOps environments and automation desired
- Eager to grow with an exciting company
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world.We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers atOpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?#LI-POST
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.