Our client is a niche real estate company specializing in creating residential developments in high-paced, urban centers in cities across Ontario, with a focus on aesthetic cohesion and beautiful design. They are uniquely positioned in the market with a strong investment background allowing them the resources to focus on creativity and strong execution. Our fast-growing Private Equity Developer client is looking to add a Sr Financial Analyst to their team.
What You’ll be doing
- Create project-specific pro forma financial models and conduct analysis and sensitivities thereon to assist the President & Director and other managers in making acquisition decisions on a wide variety of real estate development opportunities;
- Collaborate with other departments to gather and analyze input assumptions in preparing pro forma models;
- Work with the finance department to maintain and update existing pro forma models for submission to financial institutions and financing partners;
- Conduct research and analysis on residential land/housing markets throughout the GTA/GGH across all product types;
- Prepare and review written reports to the Director regarding the results of pro forma analysis or for external reporting/submission documents (e.g. RFP, RFQ, LOI, partner reporting, etc.) as necessary;
- Maintain a research database of land transactions, servicing/construction costs, financial trends, and housing market data and prepare presentations to the executive team as required;
- Assist the Director in preparing for meetings
- Attend and prepare for weekly acquisitions meetings and other meetings as necessary.
· Advising the Board of Directors on high profile transactions, asset management decisions on existing investments and execution of various investment strategies
· Establish and execute on new investment strategies based on the investment criteria & IIR. Prepare and present each new investment thesis to board of directors, including oversight of financial modeling and market research.
· Identify and target assets for acquisition. • Manage transaction execution timelines and acquisition due diligence.
· Leverage relationships with brokers and other real estate professionals to source new investment opportunities
· Manage acquisition due diligence, engage and direct third-party professionals and consultants and negotiate with property owners to complete real estate transactions.
· Oversee preliminary financial underwriting and subsequent financial modelling on new investment opportunities, including drafting and publishing acquisition proposals for investment committee approval.
· Collaborate closely with asset management team to facilitate value enhancement initiatives and oversee the maintenance of financial models used in operational decision-making
- Evaluate complex financial analysis corresponding to ongoing corporate strategies
- Mentor the investment team.
What you bring;
- Post-secondary education in finance/business/commerce with an emphasis in real estate/land development or urban land economics.
- Strong understanding of real estate finance & investment principles ideally combined with 10 years of experience in the real estate industry, preferably in the condo residential industry, including the land development process;
- 5+ years of experience presenting to the Board of Directors
- Superior understanding of financial proforma models and calculating all of the waterfall distributions, IIR, NOI
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability and willingness to achieve results within tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated organizational and multitasking skills, competence in data analysis, problem-solving, research, due diligence, employing innovative ideas and using sound judgment
- Enthusiastic and willing to be very hands on and be a team player contributing to a dynamic and constructive working environment.
We thank all that apply, but only those that are most suitable for the position will be contacted
As Always, Be Bold, Be Limitless