Intertek Catalyst is the world leader in helping companies engage their workforces with highly creative, custom-branded, communication programs. We work with leading hospital systems, retailers, and manufacturers to drive excellence in patient safety, EH&S, sustainability, loss prevention, and operations. Our programs are tailor-made and managed to meet the specific needs of our clients.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you are a creative thinker with the ability to communicate and contribute your ideas to the creative team. You are a self-starter and on-the-path to becoming a leader in the studio. You are able to multi-task various client demands while paying attention to the details and providing the utmost quality.
You will be part of a team responsible for the conception, design and production of creative training and awareness materials. Reporting to the Creative Director, this key member of our design studio will work closely with other Designers, Art Directors, Copywriters, Project Managers, and Account Managers.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic and conceptual development of client programs - ideate, plan, and create content for awareness campaigns that align with the brand voice
- Evaluate and take direction from creative briefs to solve business problems through conceptual execution
- Present your vision and thinking to colleagues and clients
- Create original designs for a broad range of clients in various sectors
- Collaborating fully with the assigned members of the Creative, Accounts and Production teams
- Focus on multiple initiatives and be flexible to working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- 5+ years as a designer in an agency/studio setting or similar organization
- Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
- Creativity and passion for design and design industry
- Diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates creative problem-solving, strong aesthetics and design principals, including typography and layout
- Experience with both interactive and print projects
- Solid working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and other Adobe Applications
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, attention to detail, and ability to deliver on time-sensitive deadlines
- High level of initiative and ability to work well in both a team and individual environment
- Ability to travel outside of Canada to direct on-location video and photo shoots