Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
We are also responsible for Pioneer and Application Infrastructure groups that look to develop foundational strategies, tools and technologies that are leveraged across Technology, as well as standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) Technology serves the global transaction regulatory reporting requirements of the firm. These requirements span OTC derivatives, listed derivatives and cash products. The regulations covered are across America, Europe, and Asia and also involve major initiatives including Re-architecture and Re-platforming.
The Global Transaction Reporting team is looking for a Java Developer to join the growing team in Montreal. You will be part of a global team, which also has presence in Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore, New York and London. You will be part of a dynamic team building systems that are critical to the business and solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
- You will be part of a dynamic team building systems that are critical to the business. Solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
- You will work primarily as a Java developer as part of a collaborative agile development team.
- You will be required to liaise directly with a variety of stakeholders throughout the firm
- You will develop functionality in an iterative fashion, liaising with the business analysts, product owners and other developers within the scrum team
- You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase including code reviews and refactoring where necessary.
- Experience of agile and scrum methodologies.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with Core Java. (version 8+)
- Unix shell scripting.
- SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2.
- Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Protocol Buffers/Spring.
- Enterprise Architecture Patterns, GoF design
Build & agile - Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson, GIT/perforce.
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in banking and regulatory reporting
- Knowledge of OTC, listed and cash products
- Domain driven design and micro-services experience
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.