Senior Manager, Pension and Benefits Canada - (Calgary, Alberta, or Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Located in Saskatoon or Calgary, the Senior Manager, Pension and Benefits (Canada) manages the design, documentation and delivery processes for the retirement and benefit programs for Nutrien’s employees across Canada. As a key leader in the Total Rewards COE, this position is responsible for plan and policy development and communication of our Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension plans and savings plan, a full suite of benefit plans as well as disability management and its related short and long-term disability plans. The key objective is ensuring the overall programs are effectively managed, remain competitive and support Nutrien’s talent agenda to attract and engage employees.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Total Rewards and has a small team of direct reports.
What you will do:
- Leads the investigation, development and communication of a variety of plans within Nutrien’s retirement and benefit programs.
- Influences senior leadership and HR stakeholders with recommendations that drive talent engagement and align to business priorities.
- Exhibits strong familiarity and stays abreast of external trends and best practices in the field of retirement and benefit programs, including related tax rules and program regulations.
- Ensures program compliance with regulatory bodies and Nutrien’s values, policies and guidelines.
- Drives the development and implementation of programs that are innovative, market competitive and culturally aligned with business strategy.
- Eager and open to Nutrien’s HR operating model resulting in collaboration, training and counsel to various HR. and Finance representatives while working to identify and implement strategies related to the retirement and benefit programs.
- Partners, where appropriate, with external consultants and service providers to achieve the best products and services, while appropriately balancing cost and budgets.
- Assists with the completion of relevant external reporting and disclosure requirements and responds to questions or inquiries from proxy advisory and external audit firms, as applicable.
- Oversees the Canadian Pension and Benefit budget each year and monitors activities and variances.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or Finance.
- Certified Employee Benefits Professional, a plus.
- Minimum of 10-15 years related HR experience, preferably in a public traded company.
- Prior leadership experience required.
- Exhibits excellent awareness and knowledge of retirement and benefit programs, including current and future trends, ongoing legislation as well as accounting and tax regulations to ensure compliance.
- Strong business acumen and grounding in financial concepts, including tax and budget implications around programs.
- Must have strong skills in strategy, organizational capability, change management and business partnering when working with all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work and consult across HR, Senior leaders, Finance and Legal.
- Demonstrated success in delivering and ensuring engagement through effective project management, leadership and decision-making while leading a results-oriented and can-do team.
- Excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency with systems and Microsoft programs.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining an appropriate level of oversight and keeping leadership informed of progress toward results.
- Ability to respond quickly to changes, while keeping aligned with long term direction and the needs of our growing and global organization.
- Demonstrates assertiveness, maturity, leadership, fortitude and creativity, and able to be both strategic and executional.
- Motivated by complexity and challenges; energized by fast-paced environments that evolve before needed.
- Demonstrates a high learning agility, is comfortable in ambiguity and can pull relevant components out of complex situations to connect the dots and make sound decisions.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran