VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidenceSubject: Sr. Solutions Architect (MicroServices + Cloud Integration),JOB: 9366; Attention: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-366-2600 Ext. 238
Position No.: 9366
Title: Sr. Solutions Architect(MicroServices + AWS Integration)
No. of Positions: 1
The Sr. Solution Architect reporting directly to the CTO leads the software architecture for the release train and is passionate about building new products, enhancing existing products, translates the client's business requirements into specific systems, technology solutions and integrations. This individual initiates / leads architectural and technical design activities of an individual project or product. Works within the program team and closely with the portfolio and scrum teams as well as external partners/vendors, is able to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as well as being an excellent communicator across the enterprise. Provides transparency and builds a collaborative culture. Works independently on smaller size projects and achieves aggressive business deadlines with a very high standard of quality. Exercises judgement in selecting methods, tools and techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Brings initiative and activity, good judgement, and foresight of future issues. Acts as a change catalyst.
In a nutshell, the ideal candidate will be coming from a hands-on .Net development (or similar languages) background and then moved to an SA position with experience in selection, implementation of suitable micro-services and integration to AWS. Someone who possesses great communication skills that can smoothly work with business units and the technical teams with the ability to navigate and get the buy-in from both parties and push back when required.
- Collaborate across business, engineering and product stakeholders within the scrum team, program and portfolio teams to drive holistic technology implementations while maintaining a constant focus on delivering client value.
- Lead application and software/solution architecture practice across engineering scrum teams while exposing project and solution related architectural issues to the wider architecture team.
- Lead and participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives.
- Facilitate integration, alignment and excellent communication within the solution group, and across the enterprise.
- Work with other architects and senior technologists to curate and maintain a technology portfolio for the group that is aligned with the goals of the enterprise.
- Provide educational/mentoring resources to architecture and engineering teams.
- Define and evangelise design and modelling methodologies in an Enterprise Agile environment.
- Consult with architecture, development, infrastructure and operational teams to address issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend solutions.
- Work across the solution group to evaluate emerging technologies, and drive the evolution of current technologies, defining a road map which increases the value of technology to the business, while collaborating with architects across the enterprise to accelerate learning.
- Develop POC for the related projects.
- 10+ years of relevant experience (Fintech is a plus)
- Extensive understanding of product/application architecture and software development
- Knowledge and 2+ years’ experience implementing and integration solutions in Cloud (AWS)
- Knowledge and 2+ years’ experience in Micro Services integration and implementation
- Inquisitive on Data and Analytics technologies and trends - current on new ideas and tools
- Understanding and hands on experience with Front-end technologies like React JS, Angular etc.
- Data Concepts (near-/real-time streaming, data ingestion, data transformations, data structures, metadata, master data, data flow management)
- Experience with domain driven design, TDD or other modern software methodologies.
- Deployment, Containerization, Workflow experience such as Terraform, Docker, ECS is a plus
- Experience working in a matrixed organisation using SAFe or other frameworks to scale Agile.
- Previous experience in Programming in C# .Met, .Net core, Python is a plus
- Understanding of front end UI development and Angular is plus
- AWS certification is a plus.
- Databases (Oracle and NoSQL databases- Dynamo or mongo db)
- Code Management Tools (Git/GitHub)
- Requirements management and agile tools: (Rally, Jira etc.)
- Experience researching new technologies and providing cost estimates.
- Performance monitoring and tuning experience.
- Bachelors in a Computer Science or relevant experience.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com . VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto