|Sr SW QA Engineer|
|Full Time Permanent|
|SB-Calgary - Quarry Park|
|Sr. Software QA Engineer|
Calgary - Quarry Park
AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires people to shape the future. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, our solutions turn opportunities into business value. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver solutions across the asset and operations lifecycles. We use collaborative innovation to empower people and industries, enabling the planet to thrive.
There are 4,500 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
1. May serve as the Scrum Master of a scrum team; ensuring agile principles are followed throughout development, providing updates to the team on overall project process, managing and updating the project burndown count and coaching team members in the Scrum process.
2. May participate and provide technical perspective to the Product Owners and/or R&D Management in the defining of product requirements and features and refining these features.
3. Develops user stories from the requirements and the epic story, including identifying individual test design, coding and testing actions.
4. Actively contributes to establishing delivery timelines during release planning meetings.
5. May assist the Product Owner in managing the backlog of work, providing input on moving priorities throughout the sprints.
6. Reviews team's backlog to identify, select and complete tasks within capabilities.
7. Defines, designs and completes moderately complex test cases and scenarios.
8. May conduct end-to-end, product-specific functional testing (e.g., systems integration and Fit for Purpose (FFP) testing) using standard software testing methodologies.
9. Partners with ODC colleagues by assigning software testing and defect resolution activities and by validating testing/ODC results.
10. Maintains defect documentation and logs, providing progress reports on resolutions to defects.
11. Develops and documents quality assurance standards and identifies areas where policies and procedures need to be changed or developed.
12. Creates and prepares test designs for future phases or sprints in a project.
13. Partners with Software Development Engineers in developing code and resolving identified problems.
14. May provide training to Software Development Engineers in unit testing skills.
15. Proactively identifies technical and procedural areas of concern to avoid gaps and problems.
16. Provides feedback and suggestions for process improvement during sprint retrospectives.
17. Provides coaching and mentoring to junior staff and ODC colleagues.
18. Complies with AVEVA development standards and technical engineering processes.
19. May represent AVEVA in industry forums and system/ product-line standards bodies in relevant domains.
Critical Prior Experiences
1. Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree directly applicable to the Software (required)
2. Experience successfully implementing software applications in an organization (required)
3. Experience working with offshore development teams (required)
4. Experience performing system and functional testing in domains served by AVEVA (required)
5. Experience developing, modifying and executing test plans (required)
6. Experience leading a Quality mindset within a scrum team (required)
7. Experience working in a global company (desired)
8. Experience working with AVEVA products in the field (desired)
9. Experience working with AVEVA competitor products (desired)