On behalf of our client in Burnaby, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator – Process Control Network for a 6 month contract opportunity.
The Process Control Network System Administrator (PCN SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure to ensure high levels of availability and security in support of the business applications. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, best practices and regulatory requirements. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Complete client support requests via assigned tickets within agreed upon Service Levels
- Adhere to Change Management policies and procedures
- Plan, manage, and complete server installations and migrations on the current Microsoft and Linux platforms
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups including periodic testing of restores.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Perform Windows OS, VMWare and application hardening to maintain the highest levels of security.
- Manage a patching schedule to ensure all systems are patched on a regular schedule and do not impact the 24/7 operations.
- Manage the virtual environment (VMWare) including replication and Disaster Recovery components
- Manage the CommVault and NetApp backup and storage solution environments to ensure high availability for staff
- Assist with the documentation of new and existing processes and configurations
- Regular reporting on SLA’s, operational improvements, trend analysis and proactive problem management
- Conduct regular patching and system upgrades as per the defined policies and schedule
- Adhere to existing and new cybersecurity standards
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Vendor management as it pertains to DCS and Control Systems, including but not limited to Honeywell, Yokogawa, ABB, AspenTech
- Ability to assist and work with other IT groups on network related projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- College/Undergraduate Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent of 5 years work experience
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft would be desirable
- Experience with VMware, Exchange, NAS Architecture, CommVault, Remote Desktop Services, Active Directory and Group Policies
- Familiarity with Honeywell TDC300 and Experion DCS systems
- Familiarity with Yokogawa ProSafe and Centum DCS systems
- Scripting technologies like VBScript, PowerShell
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff throughout various locations to develop joint solutions.
- Ability to achieve efficiencies through workflow improvement.
- Ability to work in a potentially dangerous 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework standards and Purdue levels
- Capacity to analyze and comprehend issues and troubleshoot to increase efficiency and reduce down time our outages.
- Highly analytical and driven to identify new opportunities or solutions
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.