We are growing our team! We are looking for top Systems Engineers to join Extreme Networks.
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The Systems Engineer will be an integral member supporting the Sales Account Executive team in a Pre-Sales Capacity. He or she will support a Regional team. Travel to customer sites presenting Proof of Concepts; contribute in the design, planning, and implementation and training on the Extreme Networks architecture. We seek individuals who are dynamic, flexible and willing/able to work outside of their comfort zone.
- Assist Pre-Sales team in the design, planning, and implementation of a Secure Network Solution Engineer
- Provide consultative support for pre-sales, partners and customers on Extreme Networks Solutions
- Present at trade shows, seminars, and oversee internal demonstration facilities, etc.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to all levels of management
- Provide educational training on leading edge technologies/Extreme Networks products to presales.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Expert in networking technologies with competitive Network industry and regional knowledge and experience
- Proven ability to effectively influence customer decisions and displace competition
- Thorough knowledge of security design features and ability to implement and perform analysis of network and systems security design
- Hands-on experience using security-related toolsets
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution in a network environment
- Keen ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and position the Extreme Networks Solutions effectively
- Ability to effectively demonstrate Extreme Networks products and Solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations in order to maintain satisfied customers
- Excellent inter-personal, technical presentation and communication skills
- Proven team player
- Ability and willingness to travel within region up to 60%
- S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Network Certifications desired
In depth knowledge of two or more of the following networking technologies
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention (IDS/IPS)
- Cloud technologies; AWS, Azure, GCP
- Wireless, VPN, SDN, SaaS
- Ipv4/v6 Routing Protocols (RIPv1/v2/v3, OSPFv2/v3, VRRP, MPLS, BGP, PIM, etc.)
- Layer2 Switching (802.1Q, 802.1D, 801.x)
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.